The Taxicab Metric
News / Updates
Length / Area / Volume > General Information
This section explores the concepts of area and volume in taxicab geometry.
- Linear Length: Determining the length of a (straight) line in one, two, and three dimensions.
- Arc Length: How to find the length of a curve in taxicab geometry.
- Concept of Area: A general introduction to the concept of area in taxicab geometry. This page includes assumptions about the nature of area that need to be understood before exploring the Area page.
- Area: Area computation in taxicab geometry, especially surface area for solids of revolution.
- Area of Triangles: Formulas for computing the area of a triangle.
- Volume: Volume computation in taxicab geometry, especially for solids of revolution.